- Are the glasses UV protected?
Julbo lens provide 100% protection against UVA, B and C rays.
- Polycarbonate (Spectron) VS NXT (Zebra, Cameleon, Octopus, and Falcon)
- Weight: NXT has a lower specific gravity than polycarbonate, making NXT lenses lighter than polycarbonate lenses.
- Optical Clarity: NXT lenses have less internal stress than polycarbonate due to the difference in the fabrication process. Polycarbone is injected using high temperature which causes distortions in the lens. NXT is casted at moderate temperature which eliminates the risk of distortion and will produce sharper central and peripheral vision than polycarbonate lenses.
- Impact & scratch Resistance: NXT lens have a higher impact and scratch resistance than Polycarbonate lenses
- UV Protection: Polycarbonate and NXT lenses both block 100 percent of the sun's UV rays.
- Cost: The cost of polycarbonate is much more affordable than NXT.
Where does NXT come from?Technology was invented by the U.S. military in 1990’s. It is used still this day for helicopter cockpit windshields, riot shields… It is unbreakable, lighter weight, resistant to solvent and provides the finest optical clarity. Right now, it is best technology available on the market.
- Do you sell frames only without lenses?
Unfortunately we do not. All our sunglasses arrive to us from France with lenses in them.
- I want to Rx my glasses. What do I do?
If you want to Rx (put your prescription inside the lens) find one of our ophthalmic dealers in the dealer locator. Usually, our dealer will typically sell the frame with the least expensive lens knowing that the lens will be removed and replaced with an Rx lens.
- I live in Canada but want to ship my order to USA/Mexico etc. Can you do this?
We do not ship outside the Canada.
- What particular models are Rx-able?
Any one of our base 6 or RxTrem models are Rx-able.
- Is it possible to mix and match frames with lenses?
Unfortunately we are not set up to do this. All of our sunglasses and goggles arrive pre-lensed and ready to go
- Are discounted items considered final sales?
Yes, any items with a line across the original price is considered a final sale.
- Where can I find a local retailer?
We have a dealer locator on our main page where you type in the zip code and all the dealers in that area will come up.
- In 2008, Julbo re-named a their lenses? Please explain...
For example our Spectron 3 lens used to be called the Spectron X4 and Spectron 4 lens used to be called Alti Spectron X6. This has been a source of confusion for many of our customers. We changed lens names but the Spectron 3 is the same exact lens as the Spectron X4 – Same lenses with different names.