1. Are the glasses UV protected?
Julbo lenses provide 100% protection against UVA, UVB and UVC rays.
2. Polycarbonate (Spectron) VS NXT (Zebra, Cameleon, Octopus, and Octopus)
- Weight: NXT has a lower specific gravity than polycarbonate, making NXT lenses lighter than polycarbonate lenses.
- Optical Clarity: NXT lenses have less internal stress than polycarbonate due to the difference in the fabrication process. Polycarbonate is injected using high temperature which can cause distortions in the lens. NXT is casted at moderate temperature which eliminates the risk of distortion and will produce sharper central and peripheral vision than polycarbonate lenses.
- Impact & scratch Resistance: NXT lenses have a higher impact and scratch resistance than Polycarbonate lenses
- UV Protection: Polycarbonate and NXT lenses both block 100 percent of the sun's UV rays.
- Cost: The cost of Polycarbonate is much more affordable than NXT.
3. Where does NXT come from?
NXT Technology was invented by the U.S. military in 1990’s. It is used still this day for helicopter cockpit windshields, riot shields etc. It is unbreakable, light-weight, resistant to solvent and provides the finest optical clarity. Right now, it is best technology available on the market.
4. Do you sell frames only (without lenses)?
We do not. All our sunglasses arrive to us from France with lenses in them.
5. I want to RX my glasses, what do I do?
If you want to RX (put your prescription inside the lens) find one of our ophthalmic dealers in the Dealer Locator.
6. I want to ship my order outside of Canada, can you do this?
We do not ship outside the Canada, but you can find the dealer nearest to you by using the Dealer Locator.
7. Is it possible to mix and match frames with lenses? I do not see the exact frame colour and lens combination that I want.
We are not able to do this. All of our sunglasses and goggles arrive pre-lensed and ready to go. Each frame and lens combination has its own item #, we are not able to create custom combinations as they will not have a valid barcode.
8. Are discounted items final sale?
Yes, any items from our Sale Section is considered final sale.
9. Where can I find a local retailer?
Julbo has a Dealer Locator where you filter dealers by location.
10. In 2008, Julbo re-named their lenses? Please explain
Our Spectron 3 lens used to be called the Spectron X4, and Spectron 4 lens used to be called Alti Spectron X6. This has been a source of confusion for some customers. They are still the same lenses, just with lenses with different names.